Monday, February 3, 2014

Found Pokemon XY Booster Packs at Walmart Today


Found some of the new Pokemon XY booster packs at Walmart today. This actually surprised me quite a bit because the set doesn't actually release until Wednesday, so it was pretty cool to get a "sneak peek" at it. Unfortunatly I didn't pull any EX cards, but I still got a lot of really nice Trainers (even two in reverse) and a Gogoat foil, which is surprisingly good.

 Of the cards I pulled it actually seems like there some substantial grass support in this set, but I this is literally all I've seen of it so far, as I tend not to look at any spoilers for the set prior to buyinga couple packs first. I've always done that regardless of the game (Yugioh, Magic, etc) because I like the surprise of what I pull, and to me, knowing every card going in just isn't as fun as looking at every card you pull and seeing how good it is (or isn't). I plan on getting a few more packs of this later on (I got four today) in the hopes of getting some of the EXs (a Skarmory? Heck yeah!) and maybe I'll do a pack opening video of them then.

I actually just picked the Pokemon game back up about six months ago with the release of Plasma Freeze, after being gone from it for all the years since Neo Destiny came out - a REALLY long time ago. I've really been enjoying it so far just playing with friends, not so much competitivlythough. Anyway, I'll update you guys on any good pulls I end up getting from the set.



No comments:

Post a Comment