Tuesday, February 18, 2014

So... I Found This Yesterday


To many of you, it may just look like a regular old yugioh card - which it did to me at first as well. I pulled it out of common card binder at a comic/game/card/toy store yesterday, and set it aside to buy because I remembered that there was some sort of history to the card that I had read at some point in my life. I figured I'd go ahead and buy it and just look it up whenever I got home.

Turns out, this card is one of only 100 of these that were printed for the WB Kids Promo pack back in the early 2000s. And before you say wait - that card was released in The Lost Millenium - or I have one of those! - this card's set number is EP1-EN000, as opposed to the TLM set number, and this one is a common, whereas the other is a super rare I believe.

It turns out that because of the rarity of the card, and because so few of them are still in existence/located, the previous sales of this card have been over $3500. Imagine my surprise when discovering this! Now those other sales have been mint, and unfortunatly mine has a bit of a "ding" on one corner, but it's still in very impressive condition. The one flaw on it is actually pretty minimal, and the rest of the card looks perfect. Color me impressed for happening onto this gem out of dumb luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment