Monday, January 27, 2014

Custom Painted Hasbro Dark Spiner


This is my custom painted Hasbro Dark Spiner zoid - technically the first Zoid I ever painted. It was about a year prior to me getting my first HMM when I decided to paint this guy, and I must say that it's one of my proudest accomplishments. I was actually very unexperience with even using an airbrush at the time, and the shading on this kit rivals what I can do to this day.

It's much simpler than an HMM of course, but there was still a wealth of detail to hand paint, and lots of great armor parts to airbrush. I honestly can't remember what insprired me to do this paint scheme, but I like it a lot more than the original to be honest.

It's unfortunatly missing a few pieces - the small vents on the forearm on each side - but those were gone whenever I first picked up the kit to paint. Looking back, the plastic on this kit (being an older hasbro model) is actually a bit unusual. It's very soft, almost to the point where it feel's malleable. That's not a bad thing however - it actually makes it feel sturdier after assembly than other kits.

Below is a full photo gallery of the kit:









 

1 comment:

  1. Dear sir,

    Do you any problem about this zoids? I bought 1 dark spiner. It made in Thailand since 2001. When i've done the install, it can not move. Actually, it just moves all when i pick it up. It can not move when i put it on the floor. Still don't know why.
    I just opened and check the motor, but it's still working well. Every gears roll when i turn on.
    Now i have a thinking about the motor. Dont know it is a origin or the seller changed another one weaker.
    I just share and if you have any idea to solve the problem, please tell me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete