Tuesday, January 21, 2014

HMM Dark Horn Harry Special Custom - Red Horn


Here's a gallery of my HMM Dark Horn Harry Special, that I customized into a Red Horn. I must say that of all my kits I've painted I'm most proud of this one, it just holds a special place in my heart for some reason or other. It's a bit dusty in the pics below, as it seems that I couldn't find my original picture of it and I had to retake them. It's been sitting on a shelf for over a year, so I got as much dust of as I easily could, but of course some still remained.

The kit itself is a fun build, but very challenging at times. The feet were extremely difficult to get together, and took a lot of patience, and assembling the three sections of the main body together was quite a task as well. Once you get it all together though it is a great model to display, and one of my favorite ones to see on a shelf.

Do be warned however, that this kit, more so that almost any other Zoids kit, needs paint to bring out it's full beauty. Unpainted, the gold parts are very marbled, and look pretty bland once put together. If nothing else, I would strongly advise painting the gold pieces just to get a solid gold look to it.


















2 comments: