Thursday, January 23, 2014

No Luck Toy Hunting Today....

I went to the city today to see the touring production of American Idiot (which was great, by the way), and I figured I'd do some toy hunting while I was at it.


 I only had a couple things in mind - first off was the new Funko Blind Box pony figures. I found this one about a week ago at a Target, and only picked one up because I wanted to see about what they were like/quality/etc. I LOVED the figure, as it actually seems to be of higher quality than the regular size Funko pony figures, and immediatly wanted more. But, of course, Target had none, Hot Topic had none - couldn't find a single one.


Next up was one of these new Digimon CCG booster packs. They were released last week, and I've had zero luck finding any at quite a wide range of places that I've visited. I'm not so much into getting them for the card game itself, I kind of just want to get them because a lot of the card have REALLY good new art for the Digimon - kind of weird to want the cards for the art, I know, but it really is my driving force behind getting some. I may end up just giving up and ordering some of the $6 packs off of ebay.

Lastly, I was looking for either a Generations Skids figures of (by some miracle) Generations Rhinox. I'm sure Rhinox won't show up around here for another month or two, but the Skids/Waspinator wave has been makings its rounds. I've seen all of them but Skids over the past two weeks, but today, literally every single store I visited had an empty Transformers sections aside from some Construct-Bots and a couple Beast Hunters figures. *Sigh*

So, I suppose it was a decently disappointing day for finding toys, but not all was lost because seeing the play was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment